2000 s-10 4x4 - tricks to removing rear rotors

Hello all: I need to change my rear rotors on my chevy s-10 4x4 4.3 - I recently changed the brake pads and know that a rotor change is in my immediate
future. I've done drum brakes before, but never rear disk brakes with the internal parking brake. My Clymer isn't a whole lot of help... I assume I need to change the inner parking brake pads when I put on new rotors... do I need to change any hardware on the parking brake mechanism (springs or such)... also any tricks to pulling the rotor, when I changed the pads - I tried to pull off the rotors without any success - no movement at all - but I will be honest I only put about 50% of what I would normally put out in effort to remove it - I tried using a hammer to strike the drum part of the rotor but nothing budged... My plan in removing the rotors is to pick up a can of penetrating oil - and perhaps a large pulley puller to see if I can pull it that way... Any help at all will be greatly appreciated... thanks ~dave
Unless the shoes or hardware are rusted or worn the e brake stuff should be ok, there is an update hardware and shoe design from GM if you choose to replace this stuff. If the rotors are being replaced, a slide hammer with a hook on the end ( body shop tool), will pull the rotors off easily, you can squeeze it in between the back of the rotor and the backing plate, pull it at 180 degree spacing.

thanks .. great suggestion with the slid hammer.. ~D

the
mechanism
effort
News==----