2000 S-10 Blazer Torsion Bar Problem?

I've got a weird problem, maybe someone has some ideas?

I have a 2000 S-10 4WD Blazer, that has had a strange popping noise for a good while. No one that I have taken it to has been able to hear what I am talking about. I have replaced all 4 ball joints, idler arm, shocks and a hub assembly so far (they were worn out @ 70,000 miles), and the noise has gotten worse. Luckily, it was up on a lift last week, and when my friend set it down & backed it out, it popped pretty loud! He finally admitted that I wasn't going crazy, cuz he heard it too. After lifting it back up, and scrounging around everything, he reproduced the noise that we heard, by moving the rear torsion bar mount. Seems like the driver side bar is popping when the mount piece (about under the passenger doors) flexes after rolling a couple of feet? He looked at the mounts/bushings, and said that they didn't look bad, but that didn't mean anything either . Has anyone ever had this problem, or does replacing the mounts/bushings fix this, or could this be something else? Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance, Rob

Reply to
Rob

This was a commoon problem on the older trucks. Yours has a different mount setup though. Very well could be the problem anyway but in a different way. See if the bolt(s) can be tightened down any...

Reply to
Mike Levy