2000 Sierra 2500 6.0l engine - Random Misfires

Help,

I've been going around in circles on this one. The original scan gave me a code 161 and 300. so I changed the Oxygen sensor. Now I get code 300, so I changed the fuel filter, and the spark plugs. I still get code 300, Random misfire. When the truck is going uphill at about 110km, the check engine light flashes. When the truck isn't working hard, the check engine light goes off. The Truck now has 130,000 km. Any help to diagnose the problem as opposed to just changing parts would be appreciated

Reply to
DRIO

You might start by changing fuel filter and doing a fuel pressure check too. The fact that it tends to act up under load suggests that it might be leaning out due to low fuel flow/pressure. It would be nice if they would code this.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reading is fundamental! My god man, about half way into the post he states that he CHANGED the fuel filter already.

Reply to
azwiley1

No big deal but your lack of good manors is far worse but what can you expect from a troll such as yourself anyway.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

That's the way to make azwiley1 look bad (not). Thats one for you (not) about 100 for azwiley1. To speed your reply just post with the correct number below.

1) I'm immature. 2) I should grow up. 3) I'm really insecure. 4) You're a real threat to me. 5) Until I've taken a class in (insert subject here) there is no point in continuing the discussion.

Reply to
Ed H.

Does that truck have a distributor? If so, pull it and look for worn contacts or electical scoring. Even if it doesn't show those signes, it may be time to replace the distributor, rotor and plug wires - check your maintanence schedule. You might also check to see if the coil(s) are misbehaving. First locate the coil(s) in full light, then in a dark location (i.e. after sunset if outside) look for sparks, glows, etc. from the coil(s) while the engine is running. If you see evidence of arcing then replace the coil(s). If it is a multi-coil setup, replace all of the coils because if one has failed the others aren't far behind.

Reply to
Ed H.

When he mentioned the code 300, he wasn't talking about a Chrysler model.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

My lack of good manners? Or are you referring to what I would love to live in, a good manor?

First, I am not a troll, IIRC a troll would be a person that is only in here to spam and cause trouble. I on the other hand, do not spam, nor do I cause trouble, unless point out to innocent posters that your information is almost ALWAYS wrong, is causing trouble.

Sorry man, I am here to help people and if you were to ever follow any thread I am in, both here and the dodge group, I do just that. Pointing out that posters should not listen to you is just another form of helping them. Talk to Troy about the GPS stuff, better yet, try to disclaim anything that I said to him. You won't be able too, but people disclaim what you say on a daily basis.

Reply to
azwiley1

Ed, being a 2000 model, I doubt that it has a distributor. I believe that it is a coil direct to plug set up. Though I am shooting in the dark here, when is the last time you changed your plugs and wires?

Reply to
azwiley1

Though I can not promise it will be anymore helpful, try posting your question here too. I am member and when I really have something odd, I have had good luck getting the info from other members.

Reply to
azwiley1

Huh?

Reply to
azwiley1

Ah, shucks, you make me blush. Especially after I re-read me own reply to Snoman on this thread. I guess I could learn from my one advice.

Reply to
Ed H.

Oh,the irony...;-)

Reply to
Hairy

Reading is fundamental! My god man, about half way into the post he states that he CHANGED the plugs already!

Reply to
jrk

You're correct he did, I missed it, but at least I read (most) of his post.

Reply to
azwiley1

BTW, Snodick, you see here. I missed something in the original post, I got called on it and admitted to my mistake. Maybe you should take a lesson from that and life might be a little better.

Reply to
azwiley1

Not quite. You got called on it, then rationalized it by saying that 'at least you read (most) of his post.' (as if he didn't)? And then you went right on like you didn't have a foot crammed down your throat. And why? because he suggested something that had already been done? wow.

Reply to
jrk

Well Mr. Perfect, perhaps you and the Idiot should get a room together and you can bestow all your knowledge and proper grammar on him.

Reply to
Roy

And I will.....any chance I get..

I'll hand you a .22 first. Gotta take it easy on the old folks..

I'm sure you'll stop in and "bond" with your best friend for a few hours first. Maybe he'll even undercoat your beast for ya when you're there. Should be fairly well dripped off by the time you get to my driveway..

Slow evening around here. Weather was nice but it's in the 30's again. That sucks. Was just getting a good start on getting equipment ready to go.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

There ya go, lashing out again.

Thank you.

I figure by the time June rolls around you'll be working for him. Or at the least cleaning and repainting the plows.

Hmmm... supposed to be a bitch of a storm late tonight and all day Fri. Talking about 6+" of snow then a bunch of rain ending on Sat.

Roy

Reply to
Roy