2000 Sierra 2500 6.0l engine - Random Misfires

Page 1 of 2
Help,
I've been going around in circles on this one. The original scan gave me a code 161 and 300. so I changed the Oxygen sensor. Now I get code 300, so I
changed the fuel filter, and the spark plugs. I still get code 300, Random misfire. When the truck is going uphill at about 110km, the check engine light flashes. When the truck isn't working hard, the check engine light goes off. The Truck now has 130,000 km. Any help to diagnose the problem as opposed to just changing parts would be appreciated
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:59:29 -0400, "DRIO"

You might start by changing fuel filter and doing a fuel pressure check too. The fact that it tends to act up under load suggests that it might be leaning out due to low fuel flow/pressure. It would be nice if they would code this. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reading is fundamental! My god man, about half way into the post he states that he CHANGED the fuel filter already.

No big deal but your lack of good manors is far worse but what can you expect from a troll such as yourself anyway. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
That's the way to make azwiley1 look bad (not). Thats one for you (not) about 100 for azwiley1. To speed your reply just post with the correct number below. 1) I'm immature. 2) I should grow up. 3) I'm really insecure. 4) You're a real threat to me. 5) Until I've taken a class in (insert subject here) there is no point in continuing the discussion.

My lack of good manners? Or are you referring to what I would love to live in, a good manor?
First, I am not a troll, IIRC a troll would be a person that is only in here to spam and cause trouble. I on the other hand, do not spam, nor do I cause trouble, unless point out to innocent posters that your information is almost ALWAYS wrong, is causing trouble.
Sorry man, I am here to help people and if you were to ever follow any thread I am in, both here and the dodge group, I do just that. Pointing out that posters should not listen to you is just another form of helping them. Talk to Troy about the GPS stuff, better yet, try to disclaim anything that I said to him. You won't be able too, but people disclaim what you say on a daily basis.
Again, to Ed, thank you for what you pointed out to me yesterday, point taken.

Ah, shucks, you make me blush. Especially after I re-read me own reply to Snoman on this thread. I guess I could learn from my one advice.

Does that truck have a distributor? If so, pull it and look for worn contacts or electical scoring. Even if it doesn't show those signes, it may be time to replace the distributor, rotor and plug wires - check your maintanence schedule. You might also check to see if the coil(s) are misbehaving. First locate the coil(s) in full light, then in a dark location (i.e. after sunset if outside) look for sparks, glows, etc. from the coil(s) while the engine is running. If you see evidence of arcing then replace the coil(s). If it is a multi-coil setup, replace all of the coils because if one has failed the others aren't far behind.

Ed, being a 2000 model, I doubt that it has a distributor. I believe that it is a coil direct to plug set up. Though I am shooting in the dark here, when is the last time you changed your plugs and wires?

Oh,the irony...;-)

Huh?

Reading is fundamental! My god man, about half way into the post he states that he CHANGED the plugs already!

You're correct he did, I missed it, but at least I read (most) of his post.

BTW, Snodick, you see here. I missed something in the original post, I got called on it and admitted to my mistake. Maybe you should take a lesson from that and life might be a little better.

Not quite. You got called on it, then rationalized it by saying that 'at least you read (most) of his post.' (as if he didn't)? And then you went right on like you didn't have a foot crammed down your throat. And why? because he suggested something that had already been done? wow.

Well Mr. Perfect, perhaps you and the Idiot should get a room together and you can bestow all your knowledge and proper grammar on him.

And I will.....any chance I get.. <BFG>

I'll hand you a .22 first. Gotta take it easy on the old folks..

I'm sure you'll stop in and "bond" with your best friend for a few hours first. Maybe he'll even undercoat your beast for ya when you're there. Should be fairly well dripped off by the time you get to my driveway..
Slow evening around here. Weather was nice but it's in the 30's again. That sucks. Was just getting a good start on getting equipment ready to go.
Denny

There ya go, lashing out again.<G>

Thank you.

I figure by the time June rolls around you'll be working for him. Or at the least cleaning and repainting the plows.

Hmmm... supposed to be a bitch of a storm late tonight and all day Fri. Talking about 6+" of snow then a bunch of rain ending on Sat.
Roy

wow thats alot of reply's, i could not read all of them, three major issues with this engine,if you have a k&n filter oil gets on the air flow sensor and ruins it also cats plug easly with missfires, valve guides can also cause these random misfires under loads..

When he mentioned the code 300, he wasn't talking about a Chrysler model.