2000 silverado 4.8 turns over won't start?

Hello there,
Hopefully someone can give me some suggestions. My truck was running perfect. It has 60k on it. I went to work and turned it off, but when I
came back, it wouldn't start. Everything has power but it won't start. It turns over fast but seems like it is getting no fire. It doesn't sound like it wants to start at all. It's a 4.8 vortec. If any one has any ideas that might fix it before I haul it to the local rip off shop I would really appreciate it.
Thx
Matt
Fuel Pump?
Matt wrote:

Could be. I was thinking it might be a fuse or something simple. If it's anything like a fuel pump, it will have to go to Chevy. It's under warranty but I really hate the local dealer. Thx for the idea.
Matt

It
like
that
Re: 2000 silverado 4.8 turns over won't start? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Nov 9, 2003, 1:20am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Matt) Could be. I was thinking it might be a fuse or something simple. If it's anything like a fuel pump, it will have to go to Chevy. It's under warranty but I really hate the local dealer. Thx for the idea. Matt
Fuel Pump? Matt wrote: Hello there, Hopefully someone can give me some suggestions. My truck was running perfect. It has 60k on it. I went to work and turned it off, but when I came back, it wouldn't start. Everything has power but it won't start. It turns over fast but seems like it is getting no fire. It doesn't sound like it wants to start at all. It's a 4.8 vortec. If any one has any ideas that might fix it before I haul it to the local rip off shop I would really appreciate it. Thx Matt
Passlock theft deterrent? Fuel pump? Steve C

What's the passlock theft deterrent? It might be that cause the security lock message keeps flashing. How would I fix that?
Thx
Matt
Re: 2000 silverado 4.8 turns over won't start? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Nov 9, 2003, 6:20pm (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Matt) Passlock theft deterrent? Fuel pump? What's the passlock theft deterrent? It might be that cause the security lock message keeps flashing. How would I fix that? Thx Matt
The passlock is a anti theft measure....When it detects a problem it will shut down your number 1 / 2 injectors...Thus not allowing it to start....Y will need to change the pass lock moduel and sensor...In english it is the key cylinder and ignition switch.....The sensor is located in the housing of the key cylinder and the module is in the ignition switch......If your security light is flashing this is your problem......But first is a simple reprogramming try to start your truck once you cranked it and it wouldnt start leave the key in the run position.....If your security light is flashing try leaving it there for about ten minutes......If within ten minutes the light stops flashing turn the key to the off position....Now try to start the truck.....If it starts look at your key for wear ....A worn key or a badly cut aftermarket key will sometimes trigger the security....If after you reprogram it and it doesnt start you need to replace the cylinder and switch..... Steve C
Sounds like something for the dealer. Over my head. I tried changing the fuel pump relay and ecm fuse but neither worked. Thx for the advice. Looks like I'll have to tow it to the dealer for repairs.
Matt
(Matt)

You should be able to hear the fuel pump "buzz" for a short time, when you first turn on the key. If you don't here it than look there. If you do hear it, pull the coil wire at the distributor, crank engine, if no spark check your ignition module.

It
like
that
It doesn't have a distributor.