2000 silverado 5.3L fuel gauge not workin

Hey everyone

I have a 2000 silverado with the 5.3 L in it. The truck has the 26 gal. tank (reg. cab, 6 ft. bed) in it. Sometimes when I start the truck, the gas gauge on the dash will read empty (even though there is plenty of gas in the tank), but then after driving for like 5 minutes the gauge will read correctly. The past month I've been having this problem, and its been occuring more frequently. I would say that lately it happens every 3 times I start the truck. The engine being warm or cold, it doesnt affect it. Any ideas? I'm thinkin bad sending unit.

Thanks Matt

Reply to
Matt Venditti

Yeap. Its almost never the guage on the dash.

Reply to
Hardpan

Hardpan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My 2000 Silverado had the same problem... I changed the fuel sending unt which is inside the tank and all is fine now. It was not that big of a job.

Hope this helps

Reply to
nevlis

Reply to