2000 silverado 5.3L fuel gauge not workin

Hey everyone
I have a 2000 silverado with the 5.3 L in it. The truck has the 26 gal. tank (reg. cab, 6 ft. bed) in it. Sometimes when I start the truck, the gas
gauge on the dash will read empty (even though there is plenty of gas in the tank), but then after driving for like 5 minutes the gauge will read correctly. The past month I've been having this problem, and its been occuring more frequently. I would say that lately it happens every 3 times I start the truck. The engine being warm or cold, it doesnt affect it. Any ideas? I'm thinkin bad sending unit.
Thanks Matt
On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:12:43 GMT, "Matt Venditti"

Yeap. Its almost never the guage on the dash.

My 2000 Silverado had the same problem... I changed the fuel sending unt which is inside the tank and all is fine now. It was not that big of a job.
Hope this helps
True