2000 Silverado AC

Page 2 of 2
"Robin AndrePont" wrote:

Yes, the compressor is toast and locked up and not from charge but siezure. (though it may have failed for improper charge to begin with, it is trashed) To think otherwise is dreaming and a waste of time.
perhaps the truck isn't idling-up enough to compensate for the increased drag of the compressor?
IE: perhaps the compressor is fine. Maybe the ECU has a problem?
"burntkat" wrote:

Yeah right with a V8 too!!! You are reaching for something not there. BTW the idle control circuit in a injected engine would adjust idle anyway, even on a 4 banger unless it cannot idle because it is locked up that is.
hm.. good point.
Unless the idle control system was FUBAR, too, like in a bad ECU? ;)
Please take a look at my problem elsewhere inthis thread, and tel me how to test this sucker properly? I'm particularly concerned about the rattling noise both compressors have made.
How's the OP coming with this problem?
"nevlis" wrote:

just
Well you are correct about two things, the compressor is toast and the reason it does not try to work on its own is because the freon is low. You need to replace compressor, receiver/dryer and expansion valve/orifice and screen, add correct amount of oil and recharge system. No quick and easy fix here.
Thanks everyone
"Steve Cook" wrote:

Not as funny as believing the compressor is okay and trying to fix it with a switch. I guess you have never seen one locked up, I have seen more than a few in my lifetime american and foriegn.
Re: Re: 2000 Silverado AC Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Jun 6, 2005, 6:36pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com (SnoMan) "Steve Cook" wrote: Would be funny if he did all of this and it was just a bad cycling switch.... Not as funny as believing the compressor is okay and trying to fix it with a switch. I guess you have never seen one locked up, I have seen more than a few in my lifetime american and foriegn.
--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's
request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet