2000 Silverado Bed Removal

I need to remove a truck bed to fix some rust and do some welds. Is there Is there anything I should know before removing this bed?
Thanks, Sam

Yes, don't drop it on your foot.

remove the tailgate it has weight. look under bed for tail harness connector and disconnect, unfasten fill pipe housing from bed. Remove bolts attaching bed to frame. Get about six really strong buddies , a cuple cases o beer and pizzas for after!

Thanks for the tip!