2000 Suburban cabin air filter

I am about to change the cabin air filter in my 2000 Suburban for the very first time.
- Is there 1 or 2 filters? - Any advice before I start? - Is it supposed to filter outside air before it comes in?
Thanks, Tim C. twc635 (at) gmail.com
"Tim C." wrote:

There are two filters back to back...

Buy an after market filter set for $20, not the AC Delco CF-104 set for $40

Yes, and the filters catch a ton of bugs & crud!!!!!
If not changed.... both poor fan air circulation & foul air exist...

Thanks Dennis. I will follow your advice !!