2000 suburban heater

2000 suburban ls without climate control, when I turn the temperature gauge from hot to cold it does not change the air temp it is stuck on hot any one
have a picture of the parts that close the door or can tell me where it is located to isolate the heater core, or how this system works so I can look at fixing it. Thanks Jeff