2000 TAHOE -Service 4WD-

on my 2000 tahoe the "service 4WD" message is coming every second day. whats the prob??

--
Ciao and have FUN!

Jrgen
====== ====== chevy wrote:

======= ======= Chevy,
serch the archives on this NG for "service 4wd"
as typed, in quotes.
The possibilities for the light being on are limitless.
et....... 4wd controll switch encoder motor ft. diff actuatuator TSBs on controller programming
are the most common probs...and in my experience in the order I listed them.
A suggestion.....??...... most trannies shops will pull codes for no-charge!! Everyone I've ever known will. Fact-not Fiction.
Just don't approve any repairs before doing a repost here, and get some more advise.
good luck, and let us know.
~:~ Marsh Monster ~takes a toke.......sips his crownroyal~ ~:~
==========chevy wrote:

============Chevy,
serch the archives on this NG for "service 4wd"
as typed, in quotes.
The possibilities for the light being on are limitless.
et....... 4wd controll switch encoder motor ft. diff actuatuator TSBs on controller programming
are the most common probs...and in my experience in the order I listed them.
A suggestion.....??...... most trannies shops will pull codes for no-charge!! Everyone I've ever known will. Fact-not Fiction.
Just don't approve any repairs before doing a repost here, and get some more advise.
good luck, and let us know.
~:~ Marsh Monster ~takes a toke.......sips his crownroyal~ ~:~ I see you are still on that crownroyal, I tried.
==========David Johnson wrote:

I gave the Makers Mark a sip or two.........
but....
ole habbits are hard to break.
~:~ marsh ~drops a mushroom in his crown'n'coke~ ~:~
chevy wrote:

Cold Solder joints in the Dash 4x4 4 push buttons........
Replace push button unit or resolder the/some wire solder joints...