2000 Z-71 Trans. / Gauge Cluster Problem

I have a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado ext. cab 4x4 with a problem!!! Sometime when I start the truck the gauges quit and the trans will not shift properly. I can turn the truck off and start it again and
eventually the gauges will work right and I could drive 3000 miles with no problem. I spoke with my local GM dealer and they advised me to change the park/neutral switch on the tranny. I replaced this on Friday evening and everything has been great untill tonight. I had to start the truck twice tonight to get the guages working. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Brandon
Brandon P wrote:

I had the exact same symptoms with my 95. Turned out to be at the wiring harness connector on my ignition switch. After years of moving the tilt wheel up & down, pressure cycling on one wire's crimp terminal caused it to break. It would continue to work ok but intermittently due to broken pieces being forced to touch one another. Finally it lost connection completely.

I have the same vehicle and had a similar problem. For me, the issue was the positive battery cable being heavily corroded at the battery and inside one internal connection. Cutting off the red sheathing revealed this. $80 cable and all has been fine since (6 years). HTH,
Derek