2000 z71

service 4wd light comes on ! any problems w/ any one elses or ideas?

Reply to
Christie Darby

Christie Darby said

A few more details would help. Does yours have the electronic switch on the dash? If so, don't overlook the possibility of it being just the switch module itself - about $35 from gmpartsdirect.

One symptom is that it won't switch from 2Hi to 4Hi - the light for 4Hi will flash when pressed, but will revert to a solid light on 2Hi instead after a few seconds (IIRC).

I replaced mine on my 99 Silverado in about 10 minutes.

Casey

Reply to
Casey

Reply to
Santa

My 2000 Z-71 EXT Cab Silverado 5.3 had this problem 1.5 years ago.....

It is a common GM problem.... There are Bad solder wire junctions in the

4 wheel drive push button switches.... On left end of dash board..

Dealer should fix it Free... Or resolder those bad wire joints or

buy a new $48 button switch ....

The bad switch could cause a 4x4 low transfer case shift at speed.. Bad!!!

Reply to
Dennis Mayer