2000 Z71 Swap 4.8L to 5.3L

I know it's possible to swap a 4.8L to a 5.3L engine, but will I have to replace the ECM (engine control module) also? Are there any other items that have to be replaced along with the engine?
Thank you.
On 25 Feb 2007 21:29:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Not sure why tou would even bother because the 4.9 and 5.3 are very close in realy world usable power. Most 4.8's are also flex fuel while 5.3's were not. The ECM should work with a software update. If you are looking for more performance though in a 4x4, you would see far more bang for your buck with a axle ratio change than this engine swap though because going from a 293 to a 325 is not going to do much in the seat of the pants. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com