2000 Z71 Whistle

My 2000 5.3 engine has a whistle at about 2,000 rpm. Does this sound like a manifold leak or what. Maybe a fanor pulley? What's the groups best guess. Miles - 35,000

<STOVEBOLT> wrote in message

Muffler bearings...................that's my best guess....................he he he he.
Seriously, with such limited information can't tell ya much more. WHERE is the sound coming from in the engine bay? Front, back, left right? Is it a whistle or more like a squeal? Does it only 'whistle' at 2K RPM or does it persist at higher RPM's as well?
Does it only make the noise in idle or on the road as well?
Doc
Sorry for the limited info. Sounds like somone blowing in a bottle. Sounds like it may be comming from the air intake or intake manifold. The sound is when I am accelerating and from about 2000 rpm and up. Thanks, STOVEBOLT