2001 2500 carrier bearing replacement

Threaded View
Hello, how does the driveshaft separate to change the carrier bearing on a
2001 Chevy 2500 4x4?
 I haven't looked under the boot yet near the center yokes - not sure if it
is a slip joint or I will have to dis-assemble the u-joints?

thx, D.

Re: 2001 2500 carrier bearing replacement
(top post)

It slides apart...with a little effort.

well.....
maybe sometimes a lot of effort.

Fact, not Fiction
~:~
MarshMonster
~wonders if he wants to know how to put it
back togeather~
========
========
2001 2500 carrier bearing replacement
quinsiana@yahoo.com (darse)
asks us........

Hello, how does the driveshaft separate to change the carrier bearing on
a 2001 Chevy 2500 4x4?

<snip>

thx, D.
==========
==========

Re: 2001 2500 carrier bearing replacement

Well, I'm having a hard time deciphering your technical
jargon.  Why don't we just start with, "which driveshaft
are you talking about"?  Front, rear...etc.  I suspect that
you are talking about the front driveshaft.  In that case,
the driveshaft just slides off the splines of the front output
shaft on the transfer case.

Ian

Re: 2001 2500 carrier bearing replacement

.
.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Hello,
how does the driveshaft separate to change the CARRIER BEARING on a 2001
Chevy 2500 4x4?

A0I haven't looked under the boot yet near the center yokes - not
sure if it is a slip joint or I will have to dis-assemble the u-joints?

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
(shiden_Kai)
wrote:

Well, I'm having a hard time deciphering your technical jargon.

 Why don't we just start with, "which driveshaft are you talking about"?

 Front, rear...etc. I suspect that you are talking about the front
driveshaft. In that case, the driveshaft just slides off the splines of
the front output shaft on the transfer case.

Ian
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

center support bearing
hanger bearing
carrier bearing

you can call it a dog if you want.......
it's your monkey.

marsh
~:~
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Re: 2001 2500 carrier bearing replacement

Maybe....but I've rarely seen a 4X4
Chevy truck with a two piece rear
driveshaft.  It would have to be a 4 door
cab with the full size box to get a two
piece.  If it was 2 wheel drive, yes, a lot
of them have two piece driveshafts.

Ian

Shiden wrote:

Maybe....but I've rarely seen a 4X4
Chevy truck with a two piece rear
driveshaft. It would have to be a 4 door cab with the full size box to
get a two
piece. If it was 2 wheel drive, yes, a lot of them have two piece
driveshafts.

Ian
===========
===========

Dealer techs......

frick'n walk'n ,talk'n, vehical specific tech manuals.

i hope a ford pulls in yer bay tomorrow.

~:~
marsh
~buys Ian a drink~

Re: 2001 2500 carrier bearing replacement

Sorry, we don't do "fords".....

Ian

Site Timeline