2001 6.0 misfire

My '01 2500 HD 6.0 has a misfire that doesn't set a code. It is noticable to every one except the service manager. The farther I go the worse it gets. An hour and a half to Columbia SC, then up and down the hills to Spartanburg on I26. Especially from Columbia on, it is bad. Climbing the hills with or without a trailer, overdrive or not, just about jerks my gizzard out. 19k on truck. What's up?

Reply to
Markedwardz

2001 6.0 misfire Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Fri, Jun 27, 2003, 7:56am (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Markedwardz) My '01 2500 HD 6.0 has a misfire that doesn't set a code. It is noticable to every one except the service manager. The farther I go the worse it gets. An hour and a half to Columbia SC, then up and down the hills to Spartanburg on I26. Especially from Columbia on, it is bad. Climbing the hills with or without a trailer, overdrive or not, just about jerks my gizzard out. 19k on truck.

What's up? ..........................................

Strom Thurmond is dead............

oh.........you mean with your truck?

No check engine light? No codes in the computer? No other symptoms? No one has recently done ANY work to it?

If it's a misfire for sure and, if it's doing it worst as it gets hotter, suspect the following.

ICM Coil EGR Vacume leak

check the above and do a repost.

.gibson6string.. (beaufort, sc...born and bred...1 1/2 hours form columbia)

Strom Thurmond is dead at age 100..... must have been the 21yr. old wives that did him in. ==================================

Reply to
Guitar Boogie

I have a 2001 2500HD 6.0 and have the exact same problem. I do get a service light, and the last time in the code called for replacement of coil and some other ignition parts. The misfire or whatever it is comes on irregularly, but generally on longer drives with some amount of load (hills, etc...). It is tremendously obnoxious, and last trip to the dealer did not fix the problem.

I am now calling OnStar every time it happens, have them run a diagnosis and transmit any information to my dealer. There was a notice from GMC about a problem with poppet valves in the fuel injection - my dealer initially dismissed it (I think because it is a time consuming fix), but I am going back in next week to insist that they perform that repair as called for in the correspondence from GMC.

Reply to
John Smith