2001 Blazer 4.3 Intake Manifold Gasket

My Blazer has been slowly losing coolant and I believe that it is likely due to the dreaded intake manifold gasket failure that I hear is pretty common with this vehicle/engine.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure as to how much (i.e. $) I can expect a repair job of this sort to run. I know you can't tell me exactly, but am I looking at a $500 repair bill? $1000? $1500? Give me an idea of the territory I should be expecting to be in.

Thanks!

Reply to
Phil McCrackin

About $750.00 or so if you use an independent shop.

If you have a few hours to kill and can follow directions it isn't that hard of a job to do. Good gasket set is about 40 bucks. You will also want a new thermostat and coolant. Plus oil and filter.

Reply to
Steve W.

Phil, Probably somewhere between $500.00-$1000.00. I would only let a dealer do it. goodluck

Reply to
Gregg Pfaff