2001 Blazer fuel pumps

I'm having a problem with fuel pumps. I'm on my 3rd one. The last one got me about 20 miles. This one got me not quite 40. Nobody can tell me what's making it go through fuel pumps like it is.

Has the fuel filter ever been changed? I would suspect not and the extra effort needed to push gas through a clogged filter is causing the early demise of the pumps. Could also be a plugged filter sock inside the tank, but any mechanic worth going to would replace that whenever the pump unit is pulled.
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:32:53 -0400, "WillitsJB"

WillitsJB wrote:

You need to have the electical connections at the fuel pump module checked closely where the wiring harness is plugged into the module (note: this is not an "electrical" module, I'm talking about the white plastic module that the fuel pump sits in that is inserted into the fuel tank). I've seen a number of these where the metri-pak connectors lose their grip and the connection begins to arc. Eventually the connection is lost, and sometimes it can melt the plastic inside the wiring harness connector. Often..you can replace the fuel pump module and it works...for a while...then the connection goes south from the continued arcing. You have to replace the wiringharness when you replace the fuel pump module.
Ian
Yep, I have heard that too, gm recommends you replace the wireingharness when you replace the pump, I just replaced the entire sending unit when the pump on my S-10 went bad, I didnt feel like fiddleing with the stupid thign.