2001 Blazer fuel pumps

I'm having a problem with fuel pumps. I'm on my 3rd one. The last one got me about 20 miles. This one got me not quite 40. Nobody can tell me what's making it go through fuel pumps like it is.

Reply to
WillitsJB

Mike Levy

You need to have the electical connections at the fuel pump module checked closely where the wiring harness is plugged into the module (note: this is not an "electrical" module, I'm talking about the white plastic module that the fuel pump sits in that is inserted into the fuel tank). I've seen a number of these where the metri-pak connectors lose their grip and the connection begins to arc. Eventually the connection is lost, and sometimes it can melt the plastic inside the wiring harness connector. Often..you can replace the fuel pump module and it works...for a while...then the connection goes south from the continued arcing. You have to replace the wiringharness when you replace the fuel pump module.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Yep, I have heard that too, gm recommends you replace the wireingharness when you replace the pump, I just replaced the entire sending unit when the pump on my S-10 went bad, I didnt feel like fiddleing with the stupid thign.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove