2001 cherolet silverado gas gauge

My gas tank gauge shows empty as soon as i fill up with GAS. Does anyone know if there is a easy button fix to this problem? And if I can repair this problem myself and what would be the parts cost and what parts do i
have to change. Thanks John
john-more than likely the sending unit in the gas tank. I've done many on that era s-10 blazer. Gm will have the part-not sure about the aftermarket. I've also read where GM's top of the line fuel injector states on the bottle that it helps gas gauge issues like this but haven't had an issue since I read this. Good luck. Lastly-does it act irratic at other times also-ie showing full when it's half, etc. snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com
John wrote:

John wrote:

My 2000 Chev Silverado LT 4x4 Ext Cab has an intermittent Gas Gage prob.
About 5% of the time it reads zero when tank has fuel.... 95% of
time it reads perfect.... Restarting the truck once usually fixes
the pending prob. Truck is 6.5 years old, 73,000 miles.
I do like the truck a lot.... Still performs to near perfection!