2001 Chevy 350 / 5.7

Saw a 2001 chevy advertised as having a 350 / 5.7... is this true??? This is exactly how it was advertised

I thought 98 (or maybe 99) was the last year for these motors.

It could be just like people advertising the engines as Vortex rather than Vortec...

Reply to
Picasso

It was available in box van and passenger van lines (Express)... not in the

1500, 2500 or 2500 truck line in these years.
Reply to
Augustus

Augustus, This guy was told the exact same thing by me in the Dodge truck group, but didn't listen then. I wouldn't waste your time.

Reply to
azwiley1

i didn't realize i posted it to the wrong group buddy, sorry.

Reply to
Picasso

It wasn't an issue about posting it to the "wrong group" it was simply that you had asked for info about a subject and you were provided the correct info and as it seemed, felt that it was wrong. (this impression was based off your follow up post)

As I state there, and Augustus stated above, that engine was not available in that year truck, they stopped that mid year 99 with the possibility of some carry over into 00.

Reply to
azwiley1

that being said, the 5.3 is a stronger engine and seems to be marginally better on fuel.

Reply to
Picasso

I have a 2000 HD C2500 with a Vortec 5.7 350 4L80E combo so they were available in 2000 at least. Steve

Reply to
Up North