2001 chevy s-10 extreme 2.2 liter (speed control sensor)

Hello. I need to replace the speed control sensor on a 2001 chevy s-10 extreme2.2 liter. I need to know where it is located and how to get to it(what needs to come off, tools, etc.). I would really appreciate your
help. Thanks.
The Vehicle Speed Sensor is located at the tail end of the transmission, on the right hand side.
Now, since you didn't even know where it was or it's proper name, are you sure that it needs replacing? How did you test to see if it was operating properly?
Steve