2001 Chevy Tahoe Aux Input Question

I am trying to install an IPOD into a 2001 Chevy Tahoe and currently am using a casette adapter. I noticed that the audio deck has an AUX button and a CD changer button. Where is the AUX input? What other
parts do I need to be able to connect the IPOD (or do I just plug it in directly)? Thanks very much in advance.
Ross
If the radio is like the one in my 2000 S-10, the Aux. input is for a remote tape deck. All the plugs would be behind the radio anyway. My remote tape deck plugs in using a flat plug with several wires in it. Looks like one might be able to buy a harness, cut the tape deck end off and use the wires for your inputs. Not 100% sure on that, there may be a proprietary signal in there someplace...
This only applies if you don't have a remote tape deck and you have a plug on the back for it...
On 23 Aug 2004 08:27:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Ross) wrote:

The gm9aux connector from pie electronics will work. Check their website. I installed this on my 2001 Silverado... no wire cutting necessary. It works beautifully. On 23 Aug 2004 08:27:18 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Ross) wrote:

I just added a PAC AAI-GM9 to my 01 Tahoe's am/fm/cd+remote cassette. It adds 2 rca inputs and works GREAT with my Creative Zen Xtra. However, it does require the oem slave player (either remote cassette or cd changer) to exist and be playing. It's very easy to install yourself, just plugs into the back of the head unit - I installed mine in 15 minutes.
Plus a few years ago I added a GM oem-style 12 disc cd changer from www.radiosandmore.com - they also supplied the special Y-cable to allow the remote cassette functionality to be retained - all works great (5 button on head changes the cd carts in changer). This was also very easy to install - I mounted the changer under the driver's side 2nd row seat (the changer comes with a very long cable). But I must admit, now that I have the 60GB mp3 player installed I don't use the changer much anymore. [I ripped my entire cd collection to 320kbps mp3's using JRiver's Media Center].
It is cool to have full stock operation/switching of all devices from the oem head unit and/or rear seat controls.
Ross wrote:

AUX
Thanks to all for the replies. With respect to the Tahoe post...when you say the remote cassette must be playing (my setup is identical to yours), what do you mean? Do you mean a tape must be inserted and playing for the ipod to be heard? One of the problems I am trying to overcome is the noise coming from the tape player when using the casette adapter with the ipod.
Thanks in advance.
Ross

Yes a tape must be playing in the remote cassette. The cassette adapters I have used in the past have also been noisy, but you could use a regular cassette tape instead which would be a lot less noisy.
Ross wrote:

post...when
One final question...Is the direct connection solution noticeably better than using a cassette adapter? I particularly would love to hear if you think the sound improves sufficiently to warrant doing this over using the cassette adapter. Thanks.
Ross

The direct connection is WAY better than the cassette adapter! Much better highs, plus you don't have to worry about the CrO2 or Metal tape equalization or whatever (if any) that is probably built into oem head unit (and of course you don't have to worry about disabling Dolby either).
In summary, its HIGHLY recommended :)