2001 Jimmy Oil Line Leak

Jimmy 2001 SLE 51,000 miles. I have what seems to be a very minor oil leak. The shop said the oil lines are bad and this is a very common problem with Jimmy/Blazer in the years of the style I have (2001)

They also said there was a minor leak with the transfer case.

Since these are such minor leaks at this point and have been there since at least six months is there a realistic possibility that they will get worse very rapidly ( as almost a catastrophic failure) or will this just get progressively worse.

I do not want to go through a major cash outlay because I will only keep the truck for another year and put on about approximately 6,000 miles.

Thanks Double Tap

Reply to
dbltap

Shep

I agree, I had one go bad on my 2000 K3500, it actually rusted out. You do not what to mess around with that leak get it fixed. On the Tcase, I would not worry about it much, just check fluid level in it from time to time. Also long as you can touch some oil with finger in fill hole you are quite safe. 1/2 quart low is not a problem.

SnoMan