2001 Silverado ABS kick in at low speed

I recently had the brake pads replaced on my 2001 Silverado. The brakes work fine except for the ABS feature. The ABS kicks in at low speeds on dry non-slippery surfaces, making it difficult to stop at
low speeds. They work fine above 2-3 mph. What could cause this. I believe the ABS sensors are fixed in the hubs, and that I have to replace the hubs to replace the sensors.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You probably need to remove the speed sensors and clean the mounting surface at the wheel bearing. There have been problems with the front sensors lifting away from their mounting surface due to rust and this causes the signal to drop out at low speeds.
Ian
I think there may be a TSB on this. I assume you're out of warranty?
Tony