2001 silverado lt gas gauge

Has anyone had this problem on (low on gas light) coming on and fuel indicator goes to E ,when you know the tank is fuel , im thinking that float sensor might be sticking??? any help on this would be appreciated.
Thankyou, John
Probally your fuel sending unit, our 99 jimmy does the same thing, you cant replace just the sending unit either I dont think on your truck I think you have to replace fuel pump and all.
What I do is get gas, look at the gallons I bought and multiply them by 15, say I bought 10 bucks in gas that usually gets about 4 gallons, so I would say 15x4`mi, I would use the trip odometer to keep track of this. I figured this at 15 mi to the gallon because the #4 fuel injector on our truck took a crap and I havent had time to fix it. It has worked so far..... I never run out of gas, cant say the same for the old lady.

Lol my gas gauge is broke,so im using that trick , till I recover from my back surgery and can fix it.I buy exact gallons instead of so many dollars worth.

It has worked for me everytime! As far as the ole lady, well shes ran it out of gas twice, thats why the #4 injector got clogged and itsnt working anymore.
The sending unit/fuel pump will cost ya about $250 just for parts.