2001 Suburban - Power window not working

Today I got in my Suburban and the rear driver's side power window would not work. I tried working it with both the driver's switch and door switch. Nothing. All other windows worked fine.
A couple miles down the road the window started working fine and has ever since.
Is there anything a non-mechanic can check or is this a common problem that others know about?
Thanks, Brown
Quit often the wires in the door hinge will become fatigued over time. Try moving the wire harness in the drivers door and operate the window. Cam

not
that
<<< the wires in the door hinge will become fatigued over time
I guess this surprises me seeing as how it is only a few years old. Thanks for answering.
Brown

ever
I had the same problem with a 2000 Tahoe I had. I took it to dealership and got it fix free. The service person said that it was a known problems with the Tahoe.

not
that
<<< The service person said that it was a known problem <<< with the Tahoe
Hmmmmm. This is the second problem I've had with the electronics (t-case switch went bad earlier) and I've owned it only 2 weeks. I wonder how many other "known" problems await me!
Brown

ever
John,
Do you remember what they fixed?
Thanks, Brown

ever
hi
found this : Rear Door Window Inoperative (Replace Affected Motor/Inspect Opposite Motor) #00-08-64-018C - (03/01/2002) Rear Door Window Inoperative (Replace Affected Motor/Inspect Opposite Motor) 2000-2001 Chevrolet and GMC C/K Utility and Crew Cab Pickup Models
This bulletin is being revised to change Correction information and add warranty information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 00-08-64-018B (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).
Condition Some customers may comment that the rear door window is inoperative.
Correction Replace the affected window motor. Refer to the Window Regulator Motor Replacement procedure (SI Document ID #768004). Inspect the other side following the procedure below.
good luck
paul
Thanks Paul. I will probably take it back to the dealer. Thanks for arming me with this information.
Brown

Motor)
Motor)
00-08-64-018B
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:49:39 GMT, "Brown Weed"

I also have a 2001 Suburban and both door rear power windows tanked at about 34,000 miles. Took it in to the dealership and they had to replace both motors in the doors.
The driver's side rear door on ours did something similar to yours. It stopped working and one day my wife hit the front driver's door controls with her knee on accident and the rear door PW started working again. The shop still replaced the motor though in both doors (the passenger side rear PW was definitely dead).
Good luck! -Jeff
Thanks Jeff,
The information I glean from this newsgroup is OUTSTANDING!
Thanks to everyone, Brown
wrote:

not
that
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:31:14 -0400, "Brown Weed"

No problem at all! I feel the same way. I always get great info from the folks here and I always try to contribute when I have some info that is applicable.
Take care! -Jeff