2001 Z71 Clunking Fixed

Good news...I posted a problem with my 2001 Z71 concerning a clunking sound when stopping and starting. My local GM dealer R&K Autoplex in Levelland,
Texas replaced the yoke on the drive line and my clunking has stopped. I'm super pleased with the truck now. Happy to report the extended warranty I purchased when I bought the truck (used with 28k Miles) has paid off handsomely....
Thanks for the responses
Ya.... thats a $400 yoke... sure it's new? The current 'fix' is to just grease it up....
~KJ~

sound
"KJ" wrote

No, that's the current "I'm a DIY'er and I don't feel like spending 400 plus dollars on a nickle plated yoke" fix.
The current "proper" fix is to install the nickle plated yoke. The guy has extended warranty, he got a new yoke, good for him.
Ian
The dealer told me one wasnt available for my 98 tahoe. He said it was only for 99+ or k trucks or something any truth to this part #s anyone reply to email also thanks Tony
Not saying it's right or wrong, just hoping he REALLY got that $400.00 yoke, or if he just got a shinny new one and a grease job.
Wonder what makes it $400.00? I can't imagine it costing GM more than $20.00-$40.00 to produce if made by Nipponese virgins by chewing rocks.
~KJ~