2001s10 blazer 4x4 won;t engage.

my 2001 chevy s10 blazer 4x4 will not engage. I push 4 hi or auto4wd it flashes for about 30 secs or so and then turns off and goes back to 2 hi, and when I push 4 lo it flashes and I fill and hear a sound like it is engaging
but the light stays flashing instead of staying lit with no flashing. what could the problem be, if anybody could help please get back to me.
Croley
I've heard of a similar problem. I've got an 01 as well. It could be a problem with the vacuum actuator that is located under the battery tray

Dennis S. wrote:

Well I looked at that and the actuator is hold a seal and working fine, but I did notice that the cable that ran to the actuator from the transfercase had a clip and nipple device that was suppost to pull and lock in but it was just sealing off without pulling that cable so I replaced the clip and lo works better but 4hi and auto4 still isn;t responding, I don't want to pay a labor fee just to find out it is a simple problem that I could of found and fixed, I am going to replace the seloniod that runs to the actuator, and if that don't fix it then I am going to have to take it in, but money is tight. So if anybody can help please let me know I am up for any suggestions.
Croley
Do the basic checks first. 1. See if your gearbox has enough ATF fluid. 2. See if the transfer case has sufficient ATF fluid. 3. Check the front differential oil level( uses 80W90 hypoid gear lube).
If this fails, then go look for the electrical gremlins.