2002 Blazer 4x4 drivetrain noise

Hi all. I just purchased a used 2002 LS Blazer 4x4 with 35,000 miles. I am having an intermittent problem. when making right turns only, sometimes, (not always) there is a squeaking sound in the front end which coincides with speed of the truck, also only sometimes when you hit bumps or weave back and forth (ala nascar heating up the tires) I get a horrible gear grinding noise like missing a shift on a manual transmission. Is this transfer case related? It's almost like a splined shaft is sliding out to far and grating on the gear. I am heading back to the dealer first thing in the morning (truck is still under warranty) I'm just looking for a little insight or to see if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks in advance. Mike

Reply to
Michael Goertz

Maybe it's a front wheel bearing?

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Hi I had the same problem. There's a TSB from Chevy, your dealer should know about this and fix it at no expense. Good luck. Andreas.

Reply to
A.Muewi