2002 Envoy Wipers

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy with the "automatic" wipers.
If I run the windshield wipers in "manual" at Low or High speed they work work well: smooth wipe across the glass. This tels me there is
nothing mechanically wrong with the motor, linkages or blades. If I put wiper in "Automatic" they stutter and jerk as they move across the windshield. This stuttering occurs if they come on because of rain on the windshield or if I have activated the windshield washer paddle. It only occurs in "automatic" mode.
Anyone know if this is a symptom of the wiper control recall? This is the one where there is a vent hole in the wiper module that could take on water and fail.
Thanks Tim
Stand Up Zipper Bag wrote:

Took to dealer today and was all set for a big bill. To my surprise it was billed to GM as a result of the wiper recall. Service writer said the module was shorted on the intermittent side. Tim