2002 GMC Sierra 4x4 problem

Having 4wd problems with 2002 GMC Sierra 4x4. Have the auto 4 wd, 4hi, 4lo, 2hi feature. When select auto 4 wd and/or 4hi the front wheels do not engage. Soon there after the service 4wd light came on, not long
after that the indicator lights on the buttons went out. Took it to a local dealer, he said he replaced the modulator and it was fine. Next rainy day selected 4 hi and could spin the rear wheels with no apparent engagement of front wheels. Not getting any service 4wd light yet but 4wd doesn't seem to be working properly. The last time I remember the 4wd working properly was before the front differential was repaired due to a crunching sound coming from the front end when the truck was driven.
Take it back!!

-
should i try a different dealer or give this guy another chance?
. . ==========4wd motorin mama wrote:

============== give the guy another chance......
I mean.....he said he fixed it, your posts are saying that you "don't think" it's fixed.
so.....I say let's find out for sure if it's fixed or not, and let the dude that did the repairs do the finding for no charge.
or....we can "ass u me" that your thinking that it isn't working, means that it isn't working and that in order to get it working you need the work of another worker instead of the worker that said that his work worked out and now it didn't need anymore work........in which case , by all means carry it to another dealer.....where...yer liable to get a bill.
hopefully yer question was answered to your expections.... and beyond
~:~ MarshMonster ~answering the questions asked....and some that ain't~
Oh the joys of push button 4wd. I hate it and would never own a 4x4 with it.
On 25 Feb 2006 12:18:08 -0800, "Marsh Monster"

4wd motorin mama wrote:

Those 4x4 GM/Chevy push button dash modules are notorious for bad/cold
solder joints....