2002 Tahoe ABS light

2002 Tahoe, 5.3, 2wd ABS light came on for no particular reason. Brake fluid full. No ABS shudder or motor noise. Any way to shut it off to see it it is an ABS issue? Can I scan it using my generic scan tool, or does it need a GM specific scanner? Will disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours do it?
Reply to
NomenNeisco

How do you know that it came on for no particular reason?

There wouldn't be if the EBCM has detected a problem.

What makes you think that that would be useful?

ABS is not an OBD2 protocol, so if your Generic scan tool doesn't support any ABS diagnostics you're probably out of luck.

Do what?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Might be a wheel speed sensor. Get it scanned.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I had a 2000 Silverado, same setup. Turned out to be the switch under the brake fluid reservoir. Covered under warranty. Part was $45.

take to the dealer. Don't want to mess with brakes.

Reply to
bilz2765

Turned out to be a bad fuse in the brake light circuit. Looked fine, but tested out no continuity.

For some weird reason, the cruise control was also not working and the fuse cured that issue as well.

Thanks all.

Reply to
NomenNeisco

So there was a particular reason.

A more definitive test would be to step on the brake pedal and see if the brake lights are working.

Nothing weird about it. The cruise failure is supposed to prompt the vehicle operator to check the obvious.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I guess I should have said No OBVIOUS reason

Strangely enough, the brake lights DID work, even with the bad fuse.

What's obvious, is you're a dick. Thanks for pointing that out to everyone.

Reply to
Borked Psuedo Mailed

You mean like the engine won't run and the gas gauge is on "E"?

Then the bad fuse wasn't in the brake light circuit.

Seriously, everyone? All 6 billion people?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Gotta love it, cheap dumb ass comes on the internet looking for FREE info and gets insulted. aarcuda your too nice, I would tell him to take a flying F__k at a rolling donut......

Reply to
Repairman