2002 Tahoe LT, did it ever come with steering wheel radio controls?

This is something I want to add to my wife's 2002 Tahoe LT. On our other cars, they have radio controls on the steering wheel, and I like this. It's a safety thing in my opinion. Anyone know if they offered
this on the 2002? I have seen Cadillac Escalade steering wheels with the radio controls, and figure that it may be something that I can also add to her Tahoe. She does not have the Bose stereo. Based on the looks of the steering wheels I have seen from the Escalade, it looks like the radio controls just bolt under the airbag, but wiring may be an issue. Any info or experiences with this would be appreciated.
-Ted
They were not available in the Tahoe until 2003.
Jerry H.-- retired GMC sales manager

http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid 249&cat=&page

like
the