2003 Avalanche purchase - thing's to lookout for

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 2003 Avalanche with about 155,000Km's (mostly highway). I was wondering what are some of the thing's I should be on the lookout for on these particular models?

BG

Reply to
Beegeezee

Check out this site.

Bill

They (and al the full size truck models) are notorious for speedometer stepper motor failures. Requires cluster replacement ($500) My '04 Z71 had this happen. Although, by 155,000 kms, it likely would have happened already.

Reply to
Augustus

on Tuesday 06 November 2007 02:02 pm, someone posing as Beegeezee took a rock and etched into the cave:

Well, since it has zero miles, you should be fine. Kilometers don't count. :P

In all fairness, I'd look at the tranny and that's about it for these trucks. I'm assuming - since you're posting the question in a 4x4 forum - that it is either a Z71 or at least a 4x4 model. In which case, take a look at the 4x4 system as well.

Just for goo measure, make sure all systems are go: water pump, steering, lights, brakes...

The trucks should pretty much last forever. I plan to keep my AV for at least 20 years. (Unless they come out with a duramax-powered model.)

Reply to
PerfectReign

on Tuesday 06 November 2007 03:54 pm, someone posing as Bill took a rock and etched into the cave:

Excellent suggestion. I'm on there almost every day.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Yup. The speedo was changes out at 70,000Kms. There is a sticker in the glove box.

Reply to
Beegeezee