2003 Avalanche purchase - thing's to lookout for

Hi,
I'm looking at buying a 2003 Avalanche with about 155,000Km's (mostly highway). I was wondering what are some of the thing's I should be on the
lookout for on these particular models?
BG
Check out this site.
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php

on Tuesday 06 November 2007 03:54 pm, someone posing as Bill took a rock and etched into the cave:

Excellent suggestion. I'm on there almost every day.
--
www.perfectreign.com

They (and al the full size truck models) are notorious for speedometer stepper motor failures. Requires cluster replacement ($500) My '04 Z71 had this happen. Although, by 155,000 kms, it likely would have happened already.
Yup. The speedo was changes out at 70,000Kms. There is a sticker in the glove box.

on Tuesday 06 November 2007 02:02 pm, someone posing as Beegeezee took a rock and etched into the cave:

Well, since it has zero miles, you should be fine. Kilometers don't count. :P
In all fairness, I'd look at the tranny and that's about it for these trucks. I'm assuming - since you're posting the question in a 4x4 forum - that it is either a Z71 or at least a 4x4 model. In which case, take a look at the 4x4 system as well.
Just for goo measure, make sure all systems are go: water pump, steering, lights, brakes...
The trucks should pretty much last forever. I plan to keep my AV for at least 20 years. (Unless they come out with a duramax-powered model.)
--
www.perfectreign.com