2003 Chevy Siverado tail lights

Hi, I want to replace my 2001 Chevy Silverado tail lights with a set from a 2003 Chevy Silverado. dose anyone know if the wire harness is the same or any information on how
to do this.
Thanks, Michael
i have a 2000 z71 and wanted to do same. i was told BUT dont know, BUT told they are a derict fit, BUT again i dont know
Mike:
I was going to do the same swap on my 00 Silverado....
I'm told you need the LH & RH lens... Bolt in.. OK
But 03 lens uses 4 bulbs... Not 3 as in 00-02
Therefor you also need both the LH & RH short 03 wire harnesses that are plug in too...
Your bill could be $160 or so with discount prices...
Den in WI
Michael wrote:

Here's one I know about! I switched the ones on my 99 Z71. The wire colors are not all the same but the wire functions are the same. I hated those jap turn signals so now my lenses are red. The top is a taillight/brake, the center is the turn signal, then the backup light. The difference is that extra light on the bottom. The lense isn't visible from the side, so GM in their wisdom, put one of those side facing taillight that blinks with the signal. The wiring is simple if you have the stuff that came with the 03 lense. The fixtures are a little different but I don't know if the old one fits the new lense cause I used the 03 fixtures. .

OK Michael, The little light at the bottom has a brown wire that goes to tail lights, and a dark blue wire that goes to the turn signal. Notice that the existing wiring has 2 pale blue wires on the left side. The top one is the stop light and the middle one is the turn signal. The new light will work the same as the old one except - you'll have a red turn signal and that little light at the bottom will be on with tail lights and blink with signals. Look at the 2003 fixture. The wiring is pretty simple. The top is a tail light (brown wire) and stop light (light blue wire). Middle is a turn signal, (dark blue wire) and the green wire is the back up light. The brown wire is connected from the top to the little light at the bottom (tail light) The dark blue wire is connected from the middle to the little light at the bottom (turn signal). That should make it clear - good luck!
My next attempt is to wire the lights to my trailer connector. I want the top and the middle to be both stop/turn and tail lights. It might not be possible because of that little light at the bottom being connected to the tail light, but I'll find out! The trailer connector doesn't have the logic circuit that makes the stop and turn two different circuits. .

George thanks for the help... I put the 2003 tail lights in my 01 this weekend they look great and the wiring was no problem. Thanks, Michael