2003 Sierra 2500 with duramax

3 years old.92,000 miles ..I have it in the shop every couple of weeks...always something...my last gmc, a 96 never had an issue....should i get a new 06 with the bigger diesel engine and hold my breath or try a
Ford?? I only have 8000 miles of warranty left on the engine...

If you try a Ford, do not get a 6.0 PS as they have had a lot of issues and are coming out with a new engine for 07 and I tend to shy away from anything new and unproven. The made a lot of changes in the 06 Dmax and 02 and 03 had some injector issues too. Check out link bleow for changes in 06 Dmax. It is a bit dated but it does apply to 06 model year.
http://forum.snoman.com/viewtopic.php?t ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

I drove my '01 Chevy 3500 Duramax 96,000 miles (36,000+ was towing) in 4 1/2 years. My breakdowns were limited to the windshield wiper switch which developed an intermittent short and I had to replace the switch unit in the steering column that also included signal lights, cruise control, and dimmer switch. I have almost 11,000 miles on my '06 Chevy 3500 Duramax HO and no problems so far.
Last summer when we were in the Black Hills a man ask me how I like my Duramax. Turned out he had just retired from the Bosch factory that makes the injectors. According to him all the bad injectors came from a single batch of steel which wasn't up to spec.
Ron

The 01'a were not bad from wahat I seen and read but the 02 and 03 models had some issues. So much so theat GM exteneded the warranty to 200K on intector system on them to those that complained about it. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

The injector warranty on my '01 was also extended to 200K miles. I know an individual that uses one for business and he has had a problem with the window falling down inside the door. Not sure what year his is, but he is the only one I have heard of with that problem.
Ron
i have had the engine light on a few times now in my 92,000 miles. I needed glow plugs and well as the module....this was good for a few visits...Now I have an emission issue a cv valve and sensor have been sending the engine light into a tizzy...The first few times no codes came up either to make it even more difficult.
besides the engine i have had a/c issues, stereo issues, 4wd isues, a few recall items, heat issues, everything but the seats, which i do like...

Hello,
I'm now driving a 96 sierra 1500 but I meight change to a 2003 sierra SLT 2500HD Duramax crewcab.
Now like you seen to know a lot about this truck, you kan maybe help me with the exact empty weight of such truck, that meens only the truck, no spare wheel, no tools, nobody in, only filled up with diesel.
I need this weight to now how to do the technical control in Belgium. On official GMC-sites, I only find the weight of a 6L gaz engine, and I thinck the duramax is heavyer.
Kind regards, Claude