2003 Trailblazer 4.2L Stalling

Greetings,

I have a 2003 Trailblazer, 45K miles, it still stalls out, Ck engine light came on, a couple times so far the idle will race when coming to a stop. I had it to the dealers, 561 bucks later, same problem. It had the following error codes, P0171 P0172 P0340 They replaced the Cam Actuator Valve, flushed the injectors, checked fuel pressure said it was fine. It stalled on me on the way home, thought it was just the CPU relearning the car after being worked on, well... still same problem. The check engine light will come on and then go out after a couple days. Well, it has been a couple weeks and it hasn't got any better. I'm taking it back to the dealer, has anyone else had problems like this? It is kinda pricey to go the dealer, I know, thought it would be covered under warranty, my mistake. I'm afraid that I will get stuck with another big bill. I use to do all my repairs, as of late I just don't have the time, but, for 500 bucks I could make some time. I was wondering if there is a MAP sensor in this vehicle? I had an older model Chevy and found that those caused similar problems. Years ago you could just unplug them and it would at least run, not well, but could ID the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Reply to
Markus

Shep

Greetings all,

Came up with same errors P0171 P0172 P0340 Replaced CAM sensor, seems better now, time will tell.

Take care,

Mark >Greetings,

Reply to
Markus