2004 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 6.0 L Running Rough

Recently bought the 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I have noticed that when starting out or coming to a stop the engine acts like it's sputtering and about to stall, almost like it is missing and about to
run rough. Tach shows the idle to be stable and I seem to have plenty of power at highway speed. Was wondering if any one else had this problem and might offer any advice before I run off to Mr. Goodwrench for a mystery problem. Thanks for any help..
<<Recently bought the 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I have noticed that when starting out or coming to a stop the engine acts like it's sputtering and about to stall, almost like it is missing and about to run rough. Tach shows the idle to be stable and I seem to have plenty of power at highway speed. Was wondering if any one else had this problem and might offer any advice before I run off to Mr. Goodwrench for a mystery problem. Thanks for any help..>>
Do you use the least expensive gas you can find. I sure do. This may be part of the problem.
I had a similar incident -- although not as bad as what you describe -- a month ago with my 2004 C-1500 4.3, 4-speed automatic Silverado. The idle seemed a little rough here and there. There were a couple of times that I started into an intersection after idling at a stop light and the truck seemed to gallop a little in 1st gear. The first time this happened, I assumed that I had run over some bumpy road near the crosswalk. The second time it happened, I began to think that maybe the transmission was slipping. Then it happened again -- always on takeoff from a stop light after a minute of idling. All the while, the engine seemed to be a little rough. I was getting worried.
Then, miraculously, after I filled the gas tank (another 32 gallons) the problem went away. I can only conclude that I got a bad tank of gas which caused the problem over the 10 days or so that the engine sputtering was going on. Occasionally, the engine seems to run a little rough, but this condition comes and goes. So far, the problem hasn't gotten as bad as it was during the episode that I have described above.
By the way, I am using Costco gas, because it is 25 per gallon cheaper than the major brands. This adds up to a savings of around $7.50 every time if fill the tank. The downside is that the Costco blend may not contain the same amount or quality of additives found in the major brands. On the other hand, I cancelled my Shell card when I got bad gas from two different Shell stations.
The best remedy that I can suggest is that you run some fuel injector cleaner through your truck before taking it to the dealer. From what I understand, if the dealer can't find a problem, or if the dealer suspects that your problem may be gas related, you will have to pay a minimum service charge, even though the truck is under full warranty.

Thanks for the tip. I have added some injector cleaner with octane boost to the the tank and will run that out before (mortgage the house) I try a couple of tanks of Amoco Gold. Hopefully this will help. Again thanks...

I have that very same truck, also a crew cab but that wasn't specified. I am taking mine into the dealer on Monday after calling last week for the firts opening. I buy the same gas I bought and ran in my 01 Tundra 4.7L V8. It never ran like this. It was only doing it cold at first now it does it warm when Idling in gear. It's almost like it skips a cylinder. It only has 1800 miles on it. This is my first Chevy and I am not very happy I have to take it in already. I have also had gas cap errors causing the check engine light to come on. Cappy