2004 Chevy 2500HD 4X4 6.0 L Running Rough

Recently bought the 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. I have noticed that when starting out or coming to a stop the engine acts like it's sputtering and about to stall, almost like it is missing and about to run rough. Tach shows the idle to be stable and I seem to have plenty of power at highway speed. Was wondering if any one else had this problem and might offer any advice before I run off to Mr. Goodwrench for a mystery problem. Thanks for any help..

Reply to
Craven Moorehead

"Craven Moorehead" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
One-Shot Scot

Thanks for the tip. I have added some injector cleaner with octane boost to the the tank and will run that out before (mortgage the house) I try a couple of tanks of Amoco Gold. Hopefully this will help. Again thanks...

Reply to
Craven Moorehead

I have that very same truck, also a crew cab but that wasn't specified. I am taking mine into the dealer on Monday after calling last week for the firts opening. I buy the same gas I bought and ran in my 01 Tundra 4.7L V8. It never ran like this. It was only doing it cold at first now it does it warm when Idling in gear. It's almost like it skips a cylinder. It only has 1800 miles on it. This is my first Chevy and I am not very happy I have to take it in already. I have also had gas cap errors causing the check engine light to come on. Cappy

Reply to
Cappy