2004 GMC speedo problem

Hey Guys,
My truck has 60000 kms. It has the 4.8 ltr engine, auto tranny. Why is my speedo jumping and sticking. Ive heard about this problem
somwhere, but I dont know the fix.
thanx
snay wrote:

Hi Snay, My 04 Silverado has done the same thing at 42,000 miles. My co-worker had the same problem, but his was still under warranty. The solution: dealer fix 350 bucks to 500 bucks with no warranty. I guess they have to replace the whole cluster? I had a problem with my cruise and brake light switch as well. 20 bucks and a screwdriver fixed that. hope this helps.