2004 K2500 rattle in the front end

i have a 2004 K2500HD, i have a small rattle in the front suspension, i put it up on the jack, everything seems to be good and tite. it sound like it could be in the steering column but im not sure? anybody know of
anything about this?
thanks
Loose swaybar end-link(s)
Cheers

mally wrote:

On my 2000 Silverado Z71 LT Ext Cab I had 2 front rattles when I slammed
the drivers door at 60,000 miles.....
1) The electric window door motor was loose in the door.
2) The front Cross-Member skid plate bolts were all loose.
Dealer fixed both problems in 15 minutes.

Intermediate steering shaft? There's a slip joint in the shaft and sometimes it causes a rattle. There's a lube kit you can get from the dealer for that. Takes about 15 min to pull the lower end of the shaft, remove a little baffle, squirt the lube into the shaft, install the plug they give you with the kit and work the shaft in and out several time. Remove the plug, replace the baffle, assemble the shaft and you're done. We did a ton of those things when I worked for the dealer. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

mally wrote:

Have had these on my '91:
A) Shock bushing (steel inner bushing-to-bolt clearance increases with heat caused by hard use; gravel roads). makes lots of noise but no harm.
B) Front cab mount bolt loose.
To diagnose:
A) the next time this happens, grab the shock and try to shake it around.
B) Park on various off-level surfaces or lift the truck from behind the front axle (to unload the mounts) then kick the front bumper. As well, try to turn the cab mount bolts. (Note: the nuts are self-locking).