2004 Silvarado 4x4 LT driving problems

I just bought a new 2004 Silverado 4x4 LT with all the bells and whistles. It's great in every respect except (in my opinion) the most important one. At highway speeds it runs all over the road. It will pull to one side and then the other. I took it in for warranty repair and all they would do is check the alignment and "it's right on the money, so there's nothing wrong." Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Reply to
David Parks

Sounds like an alignment. Depending on the year, and how it was built, it may need to be modified (elongation of adjustment holes etc) to get into alignment.

Bring the truck over to a dealer that does trucks and only trucks. They'll know what to do. And Honor the warranty too.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

may need to be modified (elongation of adjustment holes

know what to do. And Honor the warranty too.

Thanks. Anyone know of one in either the Omaha area or KCMO area?

Reply to
David Parks

Reply to
Jimmie

Defective PVO on the power steering pump. It's supposed to decrease pump assist at highway speeds; if it ain't working it could cause "loose" steering at speed.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Thanks everyone. I've got to find a dealer now that will really check it out.

Reply to
David Parks