2004 speedo

I have a 2004 1500 4x4 w/t auto tran and a 5.3. The speedo stopped working is there a fuse I should look for.

Reply to
spanky

Nope no fuse, but there is a fix. See my couple of posts below about my '04 Avalanche Z71 speedometer problems......there's a huge number of '03-06 full size GM trucks and SUV's with this issue. The stepper motor in the cluster goes bad....some just die outright, some linger and act weird for a while then die (like mine). Even though I'm 5000+ miles off warranty, the local dealer service manager called the GM service rep and they are replacing the entire cluster free of charge on their "Goodwill" program. This is about $700Cdn repair for GM I was told. If it had been my nickel it would have been more. According to the dealer, they see anywhere from 4-6 problems like this per month in out smallish town and local surrounding area (about 12,

000 people in all). It's a widely know issue to GM. There's no recall on it. So contact your service manager and GM and start wrangling. And don't take no for an answer.
Reply to
Augustus