2004 Tahoe

Also I have a 2004 Tahoe making some clicking noises from the front end during turning at all speeds. I have taken back to the dealer and was told it was a cross member that didn't have a hole drilled big enough for the
suspension. Everytime it gets "fixed", it still returns. Has anyone else had this problem and what the fix was/is? Again thanks for any help
lilfoot
craig carpenter wrote:

Lube the front Steering shaft at the spline joint... Dealer disassembly required...
We had a 2002 Yukon and it clicked and clunked every time we turned sharp right or left, forward or back. We put 70,000 miles on it and it did it from when it was new until we traded it off. We have a 2004 now and it does the same thing. I would like to know the fix too, if there is one.
Thanks, Karl
HI All, General Motors has a huge problem with the intermediate shaft on all of their light trucks. The dealer can lube the shaft with a special kit. It ia temporary fix (10,000 miles or so)There is a new shaft but it is on back order, the factory says 4-6 weeks wait. Our dealer alone has over 60 on back order so be patient
Here is a free fix, turn the radio up really loud, then you wont hear it. lol, just kidding.

hahahahahahah I will try that!! :)

Just as mentioned before, some vehicles had the crossmember "pop" sound. The fix is to slot the holes in the crossmember. If you feel it in the wheel while turning, the intermeadiate shaft needs a lube. They have a new design intermeadiate shaft coming out but its on intergalactic backorder. Take it in to the dealer, they are supposed to put your name on a list ot recieve the new shaft when it comes out in the mean time they will lube the one in the truck now. Its very common.
--
Jason E.
ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced engine performance
>They have a new design

LOL, I knew they were making engines in China but this is ridiculous!
Jay wrote:

about a month ago. It has about 20k on it and was ok until recently, but it is getting worse.
Also, is this something that the dealer will know when I take it into him?
Michael