2005 chevy

Hey guys
I need help to stop a squeek.I have a squeek comming from the rear leafsprings. This is a regular problem for this truck ever since I had the
truck I had this problem.The dealership is telling me that they will nolonger service my truck for this problem.
Does anyone now what could causing this problem.
Thanks, Mike

1500, 2500? ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Snow man it,s a 1500 silverado extended cab short box

Sometimes you can get some squeaking for friction betwean the leafs. You have a 2 leaf rear suspension with a extra leaf for a booster. so it can flex a lot in normal driving. What you could try to do is to jack rear up to unload springs and then spray a lubs between the two main leafs. YOu want a sprayable grease or lube that is heavier than WD40 and do not use a silicone spray either. If the leafs is the cause, this should cure it for a long while. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

What's wrong with silicone grease Snowman? I use it for lots of stuff.
brody
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 04:57:08 -0700, brody

It is great forf plastics and rubber but a poor choice for metals as it does not chemically bond well with surface nor provide much protection either. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Thanks snow man and Brody
I got my truck undercoated and it was sqeeking before that, but they are blaming the oil.The dealer told me that if I put any oil ,lube or what so ever they will no longer warenty this portion of the truck. They are telling me that the oil is causing the rubber to swell ant that is the sqeek. If any body with the same problem please post here so I could have some feed back the show the dealer that I'm not the only one with the problem.
Thanks Mike

If the squeak is in the leafs themselve, use a petro based lube, if it is in bushings, you could try silicone. (do not worry about deal threats on warranty as it is without merit) One more thing, you could try removing cross bolt nut from each spring end (do not remove bolt) to remove preload tension on bushings (because they are installed hung and unloaded) and then tighten them back up and see if the helps. Also be advised that there is not much spring back there and there is a lot of flex from axle torque because of this and it is made worse yet if you have bigger tires. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Thanks SnoMan,
It is stock tires but my truck is going in tomorrow 24 august and I will know more then.You happen to know alot about warrenties and Chevies. Do you work at a Chevrelot Dealership?
Thanks again, Keep the suggestions coming

No but I have a few friends that are high up in the food chain with them (I always get a new loaner truck fresh off the lot when I need one and I have had a LOT of different ones from P/Us to Avalances to even new diesel dump beds) I have also befreinded a few good techs too. (they used to run street rods in 70's like I did) I have made several chevy warranty claims on my 2000 K3500 in only 37K miles and I know there weaknesses. I use trucks as trucks and for plowing snow too and I know what you can do to them and not hurt warranty. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com