2005 chevy brakes?

Hey,
I saw an article about 05 silverados having better brakes or something? has anyone driven an 05 since i've heard they're starting to show up on dealerships. i'm more concerned with 1/2 tons, I was just curious if they
were improved or if it was put off (Bosch or something was supposed to be designing brakes for this year model truck)
any info would be appreciated!
TB
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:21:42 -0500, "Trailblazer"

here is an artice from The Detriot News Auto Insider
http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0405/27/b06-162606.htm
Every chevy truck/suburban I have driven I really didnt like the feel for the brake s or the stearing. It felt really disconnected from the road. REally no feedback at all. and now they are making so its even less effort?
TrAsK wrote:

What, do you like front wheel drive cars that yank the steering wheel out of your hand when you try to turn and accelerate at the same time? No thanks!!!
GMC Gremlin

no thanks! Go drive a BMW, then drive a Chevy truck, you will notice that the steering wheel actually gives you feedback from the road. shoot, even drive a Dodge Dakota! My Dak has great feedback.
As for the brakes. I would at least like to feel the peddle under my boot when I am pressing it.
GMC Gremlin wrote:

Heres a big shock. All the 1/2 ton chevy and GMC trucks have 110years old drum brakes again . So i would not be sure they are better. I think the rear discs were just to good. I have worked in a Chevy garage 33 years and I can you that our brake man Is jumping for joy over this . It will give him plenty to do
are you serious? have you seen the new trucks with rear drums? is it on all models or just the 1500's?
thanks TB

WE have many hundreds of trucks at our dealer in Phoenix. From what I see , all 1/2 ton have drums on the rear. Tahoes & Subs & 3/4 still have the discs. For a better truck look at the H.D. 1500 it has 3/4 ton axles and heavier brakes . moo
zonie wrote:

That might be so down in Phoenix, but up here in Canada, we aren't particularly thrilled about the rear drums from a "work" point of view. The older drum brakes very rarely wore out, and the newer rear disk brakes give a lot of trouble. Especially in muddy, dirty, off road type of conditions. There is an enormous amount of oil field work that is done here in Alberta....so a lot of the trucks are used in that type of field work....and the rear disk brakes cause a lot of problems because of it. I doubt the new style rear drum brakes will give much problems....the only benefit I can see for techs is that the front brakes may now wear out faster on the new style trucks. That would be a bonus for us, as right now, the front brake pads literally don't wear out. At least I've seen plenty of new style trucks with over a 100K miles on them, and plenty of front brake pad left.
You have a "brake man"? Are the rest of your technicians stupid? Everyone does brakes at our shop...it's the gravy work and we wouldn't allow one guy to monopolize that kind of work. The only guys that don't do it are the tune-up /electrical guys, and they don't have hoists, so they aren't really interested in working on brakes.
So many technicians in this trade don't protect themselves when it comes to the type of work they do, or the financial compensation. It's no wonder most techs make very little money.
Ian
Ian , I didnt mean to get you fired up . No our techs arent stupid we just prefer to have one man dedicated to brakes. No ,we dont have trouble with mud or salt and we do have some trouble with the parking brake shoes. Hope this doesnt mean I am not welcome in Alberta for my summer holiday as done for the last 9 years. Just seemed to me to be easier to fix the small problem with discs than to redesign the rear brakes. adjusters on drums just never seem to work correctly. Good Day , Scott
zonie wrote:

I think the guys up here will be quite happy with the rear drums. Of course you are welcome to Alberta...where abouts do you go for your summer holiday?
Ian
Ian, We have stayed at Lake Louise, Rocky Mountain House , Jasper ,Edmonton, Calgary and have been to the stampede. We have been on the Icefield highway several times. We like travel the entire province. Although we not been north of Edmonton. Do you work at dealer or independent shop? Not meaning to pry , just like to know. What part of Alberta do you live in? Scott
zonie wrote:

I work at a GM dealership in Calgary. Wow, you know Alberta as well as I do.
Ian