2005 Chevy Silverado

Hi all,
I've been thinking about buying a 2005 Chevy Silverado 4x4. I was wondering if anyone knew what transmissions came with the 4.8 liter and 5.3 liter
engines? Also the Z71 trucks come with a 5.3 liter aluminum V8 rated at 310 hp. Any good or bad information on the aluminum V8? Also any other information good or bad about the 2005 Chevy trucks in general is appreciated. I do realize that Chevy went to the rear drum brakes and I don't see that as a negative as my '99 Chevy truck has them and it stops just fine.
Thanks Brian
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?s 8bf71352967c37c220a9fafd57296b&act=idx Look at the Fullsize Light Duty Trucks & SUV thread.

el Diablo wrote:

Transmission will be 4l60e for the auto for both. Drums are fine, they won't fade under heavy loads like a disk. There still seem to be issues with the intermediate steering shaft.
"Eugene Nine" wrote:

Actually it is now a 4L65e and the 4L80e has been replaced to by the 4L85e. Both have been beefed up a bit.