2006 Chev Colorado Off Road

Are wheel seals a problem on these trucks? Have noticed lubricant splashed along side of the truck. Was advised that this is coming from the wheels.
First told that the dealer would give me cleaner for it, however, when suggesting a broken seal might be the problem........make a time and we will order parts.....so is this going to be ongoing? What caused it to happen in the first place?
I have a 2005 4X4, with 20 K on it and had no leaks that I have seen. I will keep looking. Frank
autoinfo wrote:

So these parts still have not "come in" for me, even though an appointment was set up. Humm. So if this is further delayed and it is the lubricant from the wheel, what are the chances of damage and what kind. How to check for such?