2006 GMC no start - fuel pump

After sitting for about 8 hours my truck wouldn't start. Fuel pump was not kicking on. Banged on the side of fuel tank and it started right up. Should I shell out the $400 for new pump or wait it out? Yesterday was the first time this has happened.

The only other electrical related problem was the ground on the blower resistor burned up and I replaced the resistor and put in the pigtail harness repair.

2006 GMC Sierra WT 4.8L 64K miles
Reply to
GMC_guy

They usually don't fail quite that fast but it's possible. Personally I would replace the pump. Use a GOOD pump OEM would be nice. Pull the bed to change it. Sounds like a PIA but it's really easier than dropping the tank and wrestling with the EVAP lines and fuel lines from underneath.

Reply to
Steve W.