2007 Silverado 5.4L c/w towing package

I took my boat to the water today and observed transmission temperatures as high as 205 degrees, ambient 75 degrees. Does anyone know what the maximum temperature range should be. My 6.6L deisel
never rose above 150 degrees.

Ideal temp range is 180 to 200. 205 is not a big deal. I would set 220 as a temp you do not really want to exceed regularly if you want long service life. On your Dmax, it locks up converter after first gear even under load unlike the 4L60 in your 1500 5.3 powered truck so it will run cooler as torque converter stall makes most of heat and your 1500 is likely riding stall a lot more towing too. Want axle code do you have? GU5, GU6 or GT4 ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I am not familiar with axle codes, what are they and where do I find this info

The option code label should be stuck the the inside of glovebox lid. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Norm should be 170-200. The computer will shut the trans down at 230. This of course is on the new 6 speed auto.
snyder wrote:

No 6 speed on a 5.4 1500 truck yet ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

It is also a 5.3L not a 5.4L according to the Chevy web site!
Ron

Yes, I should have caught that too. Only Ford has a 5.4. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com