2007 Silverado 5.4L c/w towing package

I took my boat to the water today and observed transmission temperatures as high as 205 degrees, ambient 75 degrees. Does anyone know what the maximum temperature range should be. My 6.6L deisel never rose above 150 degrees.

Reply to
snyder

Ideal temp range is 180 to 200. 205 is not a big deal. I would set

220 as a temp you do not really want to exceed regularly if you want long service life. On your Dmax, it locks up converter after first gear even under load unlike the 4L60 in your 1500 5.3 powered truck so it will run cooler as torque converter stall makes most of heat and your 1500 is likely riding stall a lot more towing too. Want axle code do you have? GU5, GU6 or GT4

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I am not familiar with axle codes, what are they and where do I find this info

Reply to
snyder

The option code label should be stuck the the inside of glovebox lid.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
scott

No 6 speed on a 5.4 1500 truck yet

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

It is also a 5.3L not a 5.4L according to the Chevy web site!

Ron

Reply to
Ron Recer

Yes, I should have caught that too. Only Ford has a 5.4.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan