2033 GMC "service 4wd" message

There was post back in July 03 about this message on the Driver Information Center (the DIC) of the 03 Sierra. I'm wondering if the owner ever found out
the problem. Mine did this two days ago for the entire ride home after work and the indicator lights on the 2wd/auto/4wd buttons were out as well. I called the dealer and made an appt to have this checked. The next morning there was no problem, however lastnight as I pulled up to a stoplight, I noticed the seatbelt warning light came on, and the DIC said to "Service AirBag". So has anyone else experienced any electrical gremlins with these halftons? I also had 'ghost locks' once too.
Thanks Grant
wow, took u til now for it to happen...u must have bought a year old truck... now that there is a fix it is a simple fix..a "motor" in the transfer case is shorting out and causing the computer to need reprogrammng...solution is the motor or chip as it really is need to be replaced...most of us had it last year around this time
--
the short term solution is shut off the vehicle.. remove the key and in
2 -10 minutes the computer resets all these nonsense idiocies,,,long term